Personal Support Workers (PSW) – Various Positions Available
Full Time Weekday –Day, Afternoon & Overnight, Part Time Weekend-Day, Afternoon & Overnight and Casual
Position Type: Full Time 37.5 Hours per week, Part Time 15 Hours every other weekend and Casual
Location: Caledon East: Community Assisted Living Program (CALP) and Supportive Housing
Deadline to apply: August 11, 2013
Within a residential or community setting, the PSW works closely with Supportive Housing/ CALP clients residing in in the Caledon area to provide individualized, flexible daily living supports. Service is delivered through a collaborative team model, with the goals of increased independence and improved health and wellness.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assists with ADL’s and IADL’s daily;
- Provides emotional support and preventative care that promotes client health and well-being through active listening, reassurance checks and activation events;
- Provides emergency response to clients requiring assistance;
- Supports administrative procedures of the program by following care plans, work schedule and medication reminder protocols, and maintaining related documentation;
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings designed to facilitate open communication, program issues identification, case review, problem-solving and policy advice;
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within the work team and with other service providers;
- Represents CCS by maintaining a positive image and promoting CCS services positively within the community;
Summary of Qualifications:
- PSW or HCA certificate with proven ability to provide personal care
- Registered with Ontario PSW Registry - preferred
- Valid driver’s license and use of a roadworthy vehicle, Able and willing to travel within Caledon
- Recent clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Knowledge, skill and experience working with frail, chronically ill and/or vulnerable individuals
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a team-oriented work environment
- Strongly developed communication skills, time and stress management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook a must
- Fluency in spoken and written English a must
Interested applicants can apply online via Jobs Caledon at www.ccs4u.org/jobboard.aspx . In person applicants can attend the Jobs Caledon PSW Pre-screening Job Fair on Wed Aug 7, 2013 between 4-6:30 pm. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-584-2300.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all who apply but will only be contacting those candidates who are invited to interview for the position(s).
*Please note: should any additional PSW vacancies occur within three months of the expiry of this posting, suitable candidates for these additional vacancies may be chosen from candidates interviewed for this posting.