Personal Support Worker $15.74 per hour
Casual Position (Days)
Personal Attendant Care Inc. seeks a committed and caring individual to provide personal support care to physically disabled clients within the Beaverton and North Durham area. The successful candidate will: ensure a safe environment for staff and clients; understand, promote, and demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of independent living, within the guidelines and operational standards of Personal Attendant Care Inc.
- Personal grooming and hygiene: Bathing and washing, assistance with rising and retiring, e.g. dressing/undressing.
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating.
- Toileting, e.g. emptying/changing leg bag, catheterization, bowel routines.
- Essential communication, e.g. bliss boards, augmentative communicating.
- Positioning and transferring.
- Assistance with exercises as defined in the individual’s plan of service.
- Use of special equipment, e.g. Hoyer lift.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records and documentation pertinent to specific. individual clients, within the guidelines established by Personal Attendant Care Inc.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate.
- Up-to-date First Aid and CPR Certificates.
- Car with a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Valid car insurance.
- Must have police clearance within the previous 6 months.
- Must have medical and TB clearance.
- Registration in good standing with the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry as may be required by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting File #North-2013-04 in a .pdf or .doc file format to email@example.com no later than August 30, 2013. We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Personal Attendant Care Inc. visit www.pacdurham.ca
Posting Date: August 15, 2013