We are currently seeking a Personal Support Worker at our Village of Arbour Trails located in Guelph, Ontario. This role is expected to integrate into the team in August 2013.
At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
Our team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of services to our residents. They not only have the right skills and knowledge, but more importantly, share the organizational values. They have the right attitude; and view their role as not just a job but a calling. In all of our departments, we recruit only the best.
Schlegel Villages provides ongoing training and education programs to make sure our team members’ skills and knowledge are cutting edge. At our Villages, we realize that the highest quality of service does not just happen – it is the result of a good deal of focused effort.
We want to hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership. Our commitment to these objectives creates a culture and environment of positive engagement on our journey to change the culture of aging.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) acts as an advocate for residents and supports resident-centered service delivery to medically stable residents. They assist the resident with all activities of daily living. Personal hygiene and basic nursing care is provided by the PSW. The Personal Support Worker observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the Wellness Coordinator or RPN.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Every Personal Support Worker hired must have successfully completed a program that meets the following requirements:
The vocational standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities.
· The standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges, or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association.
· Have a Health Care Aide or PSW Certificate or equivalent from another province/ country.
· Nursing students in the last semester and/or have completed the criteria as listed in Medication Administration policy (Tab 05-24)
· Must have an interest in the elderly and their problems.
· Must have good mental and physical health.
· Work as a co-operative team member.
· Agree with the basic philosophy and objectives of the Village, be caring, and show respect for our residents and their families
To apply, please visit our website at www.schlegelvillages.com and click on the People tab or forward your resume to email@example.com