PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER On-Call
Hours and/or shifts and/or days of work are not guaranteed and will vary based on operational and/or client needs.
*Note: Scheduled hours can change at a future date due to operational/client needs.
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $20.9818 - $21.5298
· Providing care to meet their needs as identified in the interdisciplinary care plan.
· Supporting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well-being.
· Initiating and maintaining a relationship with the client, their family and other care
· Promoting an environment that is conducive to dementia care.
· P.S.W. certificate from an accredited community college or educational institute.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certification is required.
· Registration in good standing with the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry,
as may be required by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.
· Experience in a geriatric nursing facility.
· Possess knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act and Regulations.
· Ability to deal with responsive behaviours.
· Certificate in Montessori Method of Dementia Care is preferred.
· Certificate in U-First is preferred.
· Certificate from the Alzheimer’s Society for Dementia, Depression and Delirium is
· Ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to provide client-centred care.
· Basic computer skills an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection control protocols.
To apply for this position please use the following URL address or visit our website at www.baycrest.org and apply on-line.
Apply Online, CLICK HERE
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, physicians, students and volunteers.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 785-2500, ext. 2961.