PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER on CALL
The Vision of Baycrest is to transform the experience of aging through leading innovations in brain health, wellness promotion, and approaches to care that enrich the lives of older adults.
Apotex is seeking a PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER On-Call
Hours and/or shifts and/or days of work are not guaranteed and
will vary based on operational and/or client needs.
Note: Scheduled hours can change at a future date due to operational/client needs.
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $20.9818 - $21.5298
The Apotex is a wonderful state of the art building catering to the needs of the
elderly Jewish population. The Apotex is made up of 6 units. Each unit is
composed of three communities and each community is home to approximately 23 to
28 residents. Our primary population is residents who live with Alzheimer’s
disease or some form of dementia.
· Providing care to meet their needs as identified in the interdisciplinary care
· Supporting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural
· Initiating and maintaining a relationship with the client, their family and other care
· Promoting an environment that is conducive to dementia care.
· P.S.W. certificate from an accredited community college or educational institute.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certification is required.
· Registration in good standing with the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry, as may be required by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.
· Experience in a geriatric nursing facility.
· Possess knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act and Regulations.
· Ability to deal with responsive behaviours.
· Certificate in Montessori Method of Dementia Care is preferred.
· Certificate in U-First is preferred.
· Certificate from the Alzheimer’s Society for Dementia, Depression and Delirium is
· Ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to provide client-centred care.
· Basic computer skills an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection control
To apply for this position please use the following URL address
or visit our website at www.baycrest.org and apply on-line.
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, physicians, students and volunteers.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you
require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment
process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 785-2500, ext. 2961.