POSITION: Personal Support Worker (This is a Permanent Part-time position subject to Collective Agreement CUPE Local 3808)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Client Services POSITION SUMMARY
: To provide personal care, homemaking and 24 hour emergency response to frail elderly persons and disabled adults in their own homes in the community.RESPONSIBILITIES
: Depending upon the individual needs of the clients to assist with:
· Homemaking (e.g. meal preparation, cleaning, laundry etc)
· Personal Care (e.g. persona hygiene, dressing, toileting, medication reminder, transfer, reposition, escort to medical appointments etc)
· Responding to Emergency Response System (Lifeline and Pager) calls. EDUCATION LEVEL:
· Grade 10 or equivalent
· Personal Support Worker certification
· Able to communicate (written and oral) in English
· Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
: 6 months to 1 year working with seniors SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· First Aid/CPR Certification
· Enjoy working with seniors and able to contribute to the quality of life of seniors and adults with disabilities by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being
HOURS OF WORK:
· Community visits scheduled according to the needs of the client
HIRE RATE: $15.24 per hour as per Collective Agreement START DATE:
As soon as possiblePLEASE APPLY TO
Human Resources Associate
CANES Community Care
135 Queens Plate Drive, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M9W 6V1
Closing the Gap Healthcare Group is a Canadian owned, award-winning and fully accredited organization that provides high quality community-based healthcare services.
As a member of Closing The Gap Healthcare Group, you will provide Personal Support Services to clients in a community setting. You will enjoy a flexible work environment.
October 8, 2013
10:30am to 12:30pm and 3pm to 6pm
At YMCA Employment & Literacy Services – Huntsville
60 King William Street
Full-time, Casual & Part-Time Positions Available
Days, Evenings and Weekends and Overnight work available
Geography: Muskoka Area
- Benefits & Education Opportunities
Required qualifications include:
- PSW certification
- Valid driver's license, use of a reliable vehicle and comfortable with driving
- Strong oral & written language communication skills
- Physically able to perform required duties of the position
- Vulnerable Sector Screen for your local police department will be reimbursed
Applicants with diverse languages are very welcomed.
Please bring your Resume to the job fair or send your Resume by Email to: email@example.com
or Fax: 1-705-726-5310 or contact by phone to 1-888-776-0991 ext. 2200. Closing The Gap Healthcare Group
has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer Enriching Lives. Changing Tomorrow. www.closingthegap.ca
Part-Time Personal Support Worker Instructor
For more than 40 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes an alumni of thousands of successful graduates.
CDI Scarborough Campus is seeking an experienced RN to fill the role of Personal Support Worker (PSW) Instructor. The PSW Instructor will provide students the skills they need to excel as a personal support worker in a private home or residential care facility. The PSW Instructor will instruct students on how to identify, promote and respond to the physical and emotional needs of clients, observe and communicate with clients, handle specialized equipment and provide personal and physical care.
The PSW Instructor is responsible for leveraging their expertise and experience to deliver education services to students through:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Preparing lesson plans and teaching aids that utilize a variety of teaching methods to promote student success
- Monitoring and discussing students’ progress with them individually and as a group
- Assigning and posting grades
- Participating in the development and evaluation of curriculum and instructional materials
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following education, experience and competencies:
- Must have a valid Registered Nurse (RN) license with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Minimum two years of related practical work experience as an RN
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized University or College relating to the area of instruction
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation and group facilitation skills
- Ability to motivate, engage and inspire students
This is a part-time position starting on October 7, 2013
For more information about our college, please visit http://www.cdicollege.ca/
To apply visit http://www.cdicollege.ca/about-cdi/employment-opportunities/
The Vision of Baycrest is to transform the experience of aging through leading innovations in brain health, wellness promotion, and approaches to care that enrich the lives of older adults.
Baycrest Hospital and Apotex (Long Term Care) is seeking a PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER On-Call Hours and/or shifts and/or days of work are not guaranteed and will vary based on operational and/or client needs.
*Note: Scheduled hours can change at a future date due to operational/client needs.
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $20.9818 - $21.5298Responsibilities
· Providing care to meet their needs as identified in the interdisciplinary care plan.
· Supporting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well-being.
· Initiating and maintaining a relationship with the client, their family and other care
· Promoting an environment that is conducive to dementia care.Qualifications include:
· P.S.W. certificate from an accredited community college or educational institute.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certification is required.
· Registration in good standing with the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry,
as may be required by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.
· Experience in a geriatric nursing facility.
· Possess knowledge of the Long-Term Care Homes Act and Regulations.
· Ability to deal with responsive behaviours.
· Certificate in Montessori Method of Dementia Care is preferred.
· Certificate in U-First is preferred.
· Certificate from the Alzheimer’s Society for Dementia, Depression and Delirium is
· Ability to foster effective interpersonal relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to provide client-centred care.
· Basic computer skills an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection control protocols.
To apply for this position please use the following URL address or visit our website at www.baycrest.org
and apply on-line.
Apply Online, CLICK HERE
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, physicians, students and volunteers.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 785-2500, ext. 2961.
Visit our website to submit your application on line at www.carecor.comVarious vacancies across Southern Ontario Duties and Responsibilities:
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) will be assigned to a General Medicine and/or General Surgery setting and is responsible for providing direct care to patients. The main functions of the PSW include, but are not limited to: assisting patients with all aspects of personal care, patient observation, promoting patient safety, assisting with mobility and companionship and support. The PSW practices within the standards outlined by Carecor and our Client Hospitals. The PSW functions under the supervision of the facility Charge Nurse.
Skills and Qualifications:
• PSW certificate from an Ontario college program, private career college in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities or from an approved Ontario Board of Education Program
• Must be able to perform all of the duties associated with this position; including but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting, assisting patients, etc
• Current BCLS-HCP certificate within the past two (2) years
• Current N95 Mask Fit Test within the past two (2) years
• Clinical experience in a General Medicine setting
• Clinical experience must be relevant to position being applied for and must be within the past two (2) years
• Computer skills required (e.g., basic keyboarding skills, email, accessing and completing on-line training)
• Proof of current vaccination status (e.g., measles, mumps, rubella, varicella) including negative TB skin test within the past one (1) year or negative chest x-ray within the past five (5) years
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to personal support worker role
• Ability to work independently
• Proof of competency of clinical skills relevant to the area of General Medicine
• Must be confident and adaptable to working in a variety of clinical settings and facilities
• Able to handle stressful environment in a positive manner
• Multi-tasking and time management skills related to organizing and prioritizing care
• Contributes to positive healthcare team dynamics
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be flexible to work weekdays and weekends, including ability to respond to ‘last minute’ calls for assignments within three (3) hours or less before the start of the assignment
All new hires at Carecor Health Services must participate in a Vulnerable Sector Police Check as a condition of hire
Hours of Work: Primarily twelve (12) hour assignments including Day, Evening and Night shifts. Some eight (8) hour and four (4) hour assignments available
Please submit your application to www.carecor.com
– career opportunities We thank everyone for submitting your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For immediate hire - casual, part-time and full-time
Ottawa, Ontario (Private client) $20/hr
Looking for a dependable professional with a super high attention to detail and knack for providing that 'extra caring touch' for a demanding patient with a sense of humour. Must be dependable, drug and alcohol free, physically strong yet gentle, funny and able to follow directions. This client has severe mobility impairments, speech impediment (aphasia) and needs assistance with all aspects of personal care, feeding, medication reminders/administration and transfers.
It is especially important for candidates to be physically strong enough to lift patient, as well as be familiar with using mechanical lifts on patients.
Duties include: Heavy lifting, Dressing/undressing, toileting, assist with bathing, light housekeeping, meal prep and planning. General companionship activities: reading, etc
Requirements: Physically strong, high school graduate, PSW training and certification. Car or transportation to client's home.
Two former client references please
Will require assistance for up to 8 hours a day (this position will complement CCAC provided at-home care).
Ideal candidate is a full-time paid caregiver with a PSW certification to accompany and support client and family through this difficult time. Familiarity with ALS is an asset. Experienced caring for a terminally ill patient and supporting the family with this process is an added bonus. Scheduling to be finalized but will complement the morning and evening/ overnight community home care workers who help us part-time. Serious candidates need only to apply.
1 full-time caregiver daytime (up to 8 hours a day) Monday-Friday
1 caregiver P/T evenings (up to 5 hours a day) evening/overnights
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: Sept/Oct 2013 with training at client's home to learn routine (will be paid), Start date to be confirmed after reference check.
Personal Support Worker $15.74 per hour Casual Position (Days)
Personal Attendant Care Inc. seeks a committed and caring individual to provide personal support care to physically disabled clients within the Beaverton and North Durham area. The successful candidate will: ensure a safe environment for staff and clients; understand, promote, and demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy of independent living, within the guidelines and operational standards of Personal Attendant Care Inc.
- Personal grooming and hygiene: Bathing and washing, assistance with rising and retiring, e.g. dressing/undressing.
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating.
- Toileting, e.g. emptying/changing leg bag, catheterization, bowel routines.
- Essential communication, e.g. bliss boards, augmentative communicating.
- Positioning and transferring.
- Assistance with exercises as defined in the individual’s plan of service.
- Use of special equipment, e.g. Hoyer lift.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records and documentation pertinent to specific. individual clients, within the guidelines established by Personal Attendant Care Inc.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate.
- Up-to-date First Aid and CPR Certificates.
- Car with a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Valid car insurance.
- Must have police clearance within the previous 6 months.
- Must have medical and TB clearance.
- Registration in good standing with the Ontario Personal Support Worker Registry as may be required by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care.
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting File #North-2013-04
in a .pdf or .doc file format to email@example.com
no later than August 30, 2013. We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.To learn more about Personal Attendant Care Inc. visit www.pacdurham.ca
Posting Date: August 15, 2013
Internal and External Posting # 13-16Personal Support Workers (PSW) – Various Positions AvailableFull Time Weekday –Day, Afternoon & Overnight, Part Time Weekend-Day, Afternoon & Overnight and CasualPosition Type
: Full Time 37.5 Hours per week, Part Time 15 Hours every other weekend and CasualLocation:
Caledon East: Community Assisted Living Program (CALP) and Supportive Housing Deadline to apply:
August 11, 2013Position Overview:
Within a residential or community setting, the PSW works closely with Supportive Housing/ CALP clients residing in in the Caledon area to provide individualized, flexible daily living supports. Service is delivered through a collaborative team model, with the goals of increased independence and improved health and wellness.Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assists with ADL’s and IADL’s daily;
- Provides emotional support and preventative care that promotes client health and well-being through active listening, reassurance checks and activation events;
- Provides emergency response to clients requiring assistance;
- Supports administrative procedures of the program by following care plans, work schedule and medication reminder protocols, and maintaining related documentation;
- Participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings designed to facilitate open communication, program issues identification, case review, problem-solving and policy advice;
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within the work team and with other service providers;
Summary of Qualifications:
- Represents CCS by maintaining a positive image and promoting CCS services positively within the community;
- PSW or HCA certificate with proven ability to provide personal care
- Registered with Ontario PSW Registry - preferred
- Valid driver’s license and use of a roadworthy vehicle, Able and willing to travel within Caledon
- Recent clean Criminal Records Check – Vulnerable Sector
- Knowledge, skill and experience working with frail, chronically ill and/or vulnerable individuals
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a team-oriented work environment
- Strongly developed communication skills, time and stress management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook a must
- Fluency in spoken and written English a must
Interested applicants can apply online via Jobs Caledon at www.ccs4u.org/jobboard.aspx
. In person applicants can attend the Jobs Caledon PSW Pre-screening Job Fair on Wed Aug 7, 2013 between 4-6:30 pm. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 905-584-2300.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all who apply but will only be contacting those candidates who are invited to interview for the position(s). *Please note: should any additional PSW vacancies occur within three months of the expiry of this posting, suitable candidates for these additional vacancies may be chosen from candidates interviewed for this posting.
Personal Support Worker (PSW) part time
The London Regional AIDS Hospice, known as the John Gordon Home, is a 9 unit community based program, providing health care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS and HCV. We are seeking dedicated PSWs committed to excellent client centred care for adults with complex needs which may include physical and mental health issues and substance use.
As a member of the staff team, the PSW will support residents with activities of daily living and personal care needs. Qualifications and competencies include;
⋅ Personal Support Worker Certificate from an accredited institution
⋅ Successful completion of the Pharmacology for PSWs Course (or willingness to complete)
⋅ Ability to work independently
⋅ Excellent problem solving and intervention skills
⋅ Ability to work all shifts and weekends
⋅ Willing to assume a range of duties consistent with single coverage and working in a small environment.
Knowledge, skill, and experience gained in a supportive care environment in adult health including addictions, mental health and HIV/AIDS is preferred.
Please submit your resume by Monday, July 29, 2013 to:
The John Gordon Home
596 Pall Mall St.
London, ON N5Y 2Z9
Attention: Bruce Rankin, Executive Director
We are committed to diversity in the workplace and welcome
applications from the communities we serve.
Personal Support Worker – Guelph, ON We are currently seeking a Personal Support Worker at our Village of Arbour Trails located in Guelph, Ontario. This role is expected to integrate into the team in August 2013. At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
Our team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of services to our residents. They not only have the right skills and knowledge, but more importantly, share the organizational values. They have the right attitude; and view their role as not just a job but a calling. In all of our departments, we recruit only the best.
Schlegel Villages provides ongoing training and education programs to make sure our team members’ skills and knowledge are cutting edge. At our Villages, we realize that the highest quality of service does not just happen – it is the result of a good deal of focused effort.
We want to hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership. Our commitment to these objectives creates a culture and environment of positive engagement on our journey to change the culture of aging.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) acts as an advocate for residents and supports resident-centered service delivery to medically stable residents. They assist the resident with all activities of daily living. Personal hygiene and basic nursing care is provided by the PSW. The Personal Support Worker observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the Wellness Coordinator or RPN. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
Every Personal Support Worker hired must have successfully completed a program that meets the following requirements:
The vocational standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities.
· The standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges, or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association.
· Have a Health Care Aide or PSW Certificate or equivalent from another province/ country.
· Nursing students in the last semester and/or have completed the criteria as listed in Medication Administration policy (Tab 05-24)
· Must have an interest in the elderly and their problems.
· Must have good mental and physical health.
· Work as a co-operative team member.
· Agree with the basic philosophy and objectives of the Village, be caring, and show respect for our residents and their families
To apply, please visit our website at www.schlegelvillages.com
and click on the People tab or forward your resume to email@example.com